Responsibility to Our Patrons
Frapapa values its customers and is proud to be chosen as their gaming and sports book provider.
Gambling is about taking a risk. And we want that to be fun. So we encourage all customers to think about what’s right for them as an individual in terms of how much time or money they spend on gambling.
Our company’s responsible gaming program focuses on the social impact of gambling upholding the following three conventions to:
• Prevent problem gambling
• Prevent underage gambling
• Ensure gambling is conducted in a fair and open way
We recognize that for a small portion of our customers wagering may lead to negative consequences in other areas of their life. Frapapa encourages responsible gaming for its patrons and employees. For our patrons, we achieve this by offering limit-setting and cool-off capabilities, making problem gambling resources available in all sports books and online, and offering assistance with self-exclusion.
Warning signs of problem gambling can include:
• Losing time from work, school, or family due to betting
• Repeatedly failed in attempts to stop or to control betting
• Borrowing money to gamble or pay betting debts
• Betting to escape worry or trouble
• Neglecting the care of one’s self or family in order to bet
• Lying about the amount of time or money spent on betting
• Selling or pawning personal possessions to get money to bet
• Having feelings of hopelessness, depression, or suicide as a result of betting
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of these warning signs, we encourage you to learn your problem gambling risk level by taking a Gambling Risk Test https://www.beforeyoubet.org/the-quiz/.
Frapapa empowers its customers by offering them several limit options to enjoy their gaming experience responsibly.
Each of the following responsible gaming options may be available for players. Customers may use as many of the available options as they choose.
• Deposit Limit – Ability to set a maximum deposit limit for a selected time frame: daily, weekly, or monthly.
• Spending Limit – Set a maximum bet spend for a selected time frame: daily, weekly, or monthly.
• Daily Time Limit – Set the maximum time (measured in hours) that can be spent on an internet gaming system.
• Cool Off Time Limit – Select when to take a break from a personal account from 3-30 days.
Frapapa customers can self-exclude from further wagering for a minimum of twelve (12) months if they feel they have or may be at risk of developing gambling-related problems. Customers may exclude directly through a sports book. Once self-excluded, the customer will be banned by Frapapa in the local jurisdiction.
At the completion of one’s Self-Exclusion period, the customer may reinstate by contacting customer support.
Commitment to Preventing Underage Gambling
A core aspect of Frapapa’s Responsible Gaming program is the prevention of underage gambling. In its retail environment, Frapapa staff maintains a commitment to enforce the company-wide “Under 18 Challenge” which states that all persons who look under the age of 18 will have their I.D.’s checked for proof of birthdate. Further, Frapapa staff ensures that signage is posted reinforcing that all customers must be of the legal gambling age or older. Customers must use either a valid driver’s license, National ID or passport to wager at a Frapapa sports book. Further, it is unlawful for any individual who is under the legal gambling age to engage in sports wagering.
With regard to the Frapapa’s online platform, the company will verify a customer’s identity using a Know Your Customer (KYC) process. If data is validated and the customer is confirmed to not be on a self-exclusion list and is over the legal age to gamble, the account set up is approved. If the KYC process fails to validate the customer, an alert message is sent to Frapapa’s customer service team who will contact the requesting customer to provide the necessary information to validate identity, etcetera.
Frapapa also encourages parents and other concerned adults to talk to kids early:
Begin a meaningful dialogue about the risks of gambling. It’s never too early to start the conversation about gambling and its risks. By opening a dialogue, you can help ensure that kids are better prepared to make responsible choices now and throughout their lives.
Keep your login information safe:
Ensure that your account information is secure. Parents and other concerned adults should be mindful of the possibility that kids can access their accounts and passwords or use bank cards and personal information to create a fraudulent account.
Consider downloading computer safeguards:
While content control tools may have their limitations, software is available that may block access to online gambling sites.
What are the warning signs that kids may be gambling?They may:
• Have friends who gamble regularly
• Be obsessed with the results of professional sports
• Lie or be secretive about gambling activities
• Borrow or take money from others to gamble
• Take money or possessions from the house
• Have a loss of interest in social activities and general dissatisfaction
• Show unjustified euphoria alternating with moments of sadness and loneliness
• Drop in school performance
• Display signs of apathy or nervousness when they cannot be in front of a computer